Thursday 14 January 2021

Celebrate The Season

This card is one that I sent in December but I have only just had confirmation yesterday that it reached the recipient.  It has taken me since then to find the link to the tutorial that I followed.

It is one for our New Zealand Card Swap Group.  Each month, we have a different theme and for December we were challenged to create a Layered Circle Die Card.


I would like to enter:

Beccy's Place - January Challenge
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2021/01/january-challenge.html


I have created a background using a Gelli Place and three or four colours of acrylic paint (I can't remember how many I used but I can see at least 3 there).  I die cut the circles using a stitched circle die from Memory Box.  The stitching gives a nice finish to the layers.  The image and sentiment are from Beccy's Place.  Colouring of the image is with copic markers.  I also added three orange stars which in the photo blend in to the background a bit.

3 comments:

  1. love this Suze - the background is perfect, and I agree that the stitching on the circles certainly adds to the overall 'look' of the card. i still have some cuts from my project to use up....
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and so cute!
    I like the little bear and the colours.
    The background is great...
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layered circles Suze, they create a fabulous pattern. Wonderful choice of colours too, much like a beautiful sunrise or sunset. The painted background adds lots of wonderful texture to your card and the colours coordinate perfectly with the card stock. Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete