Friday 1 January 2021

12 Cards of 2020

 Beccy's Place has a post where Beccy has picked her favourite card for each month of 2020.  As I am currently bored out of my mind (we go back home tomorrow so I'll be back to my usual routine and my crafting things).  I'd like to go for a walk but my son and daughter are up on a hill and even their place isn't flat so with my knee issues that is definitely out.  So, here goes:

January - Of the Marianne Designs cards I have created in 2020, I think this the only one that uses an MD image as well as MD dies.  I like that what I planned for this one actually worked in reality.


February - This month is a card created for The Butterfly Challenge:


March - This month I have chosen one of the cards for our NZ Card Makers Swap Group.  


April - This month belongs to Gecko Galz as they started a daily challenge during lockdown.  This was such a mental saving grace for me.  There were so many cards that I was pleased with this month but I chose one that I had a lot of fun (and mess) with inking the gears.

May - I was really happy with how this card turned out using a free Mandala image from Mia (Craftartista).  I had a heap of fun creating this background.


June - The image is from The Paper Shelter.  I really liked how this turned out - and how many butterflies that I managed to include


July - This one using an image from Bugaboo Stamps doesn't have any fancy folds or techniques.  I was really pleased with how this all came together.


August - Being a kitty lover, I had to include at least one kitty themed card.  This one uses an image from Ike's Art:


September - This month is one from Limited Runs.  I had fun creating this one and was really pleased with how it turned out:


October - I chose another masculine card this month using an image from Fred She Said.  This is the first time that I have embossed metallic card and I was pleased with the end result.


November - of course this month had to belong to Beccy's Place as a reasonable number of the posts were for Month of Holiday Cards.   I had a hard time trying to decide between about three cards but I eventually settled on one that was a card fold that I hadn't tried before, was tricky to execute but I succeeded.  The sense of accomplishment with this one merits it's inclusion:



December - Of course this month I had to include a card with a picture of the elf!  The image is a die from Memory Box which I die-cut then used as a mask.


I have linked each month name to the original post for the card of that month.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your favourite cards for 2020 Suze, they are all fabulous! Wishing you and yours the very best of everything for the New Year.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and cute images , hope your New Year was a good one, regardless the lock down.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful selection of cards Suze - I think my favourites are October and December
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suze,
    First of all, wish you a lot of health and happiness, that 2021 may be a great year!
    What show you a great set of cards, they are all beautiful.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
    love, Wilma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super collection of cards, Suze!!! I remember how much I loved your beautiful card with the mandala. Happy 2021, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a marvelous set of cards. I do love your November card too. I'm going to have to learn to do that technique. It is definitely super cute. Thanks for sharing them and thanks for your and Beccy posting them and giving me the idea to do it. Happy New Year! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suze I love your November card. I have toyed with getting that set as I love the big tree. I have't done a fold like that in the middle but this year I have vowed to experiment with even more fancy folds than last year.

    Happy New Year to you, hope we will do this review again next year and you have another fab 12 masterpieces to showcase.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete