Wednesday 10 April 2013

CAS Christmas Card

Another CAS card but this time I made my own background.


The card is for the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - No Papers
http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/challenge-38-no-papers.html
CHNC - Word Christmas on Front
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/chnc-challenge-119-use-word-christmas.html
CHNC - Anything Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/chnc-challenge-extra-for-april.html

I have created my own background for this card using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and some acrylic stamps from Cardmaking in Easy Steps magazine.  The Distress Inks that I used are Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint and Pine Needles.  I used a clean shaving brush to apply the Distress Inks to the card starting with the lightest and working through to the darkest.  I then used three bauble stamps and the same Distress Inks to the background.

The sentiment is one from Desert Diva.  I really love the shape of the sentiment.  I have matted the sentiment on to green.  The christmas tree embellishment is one I got from a clearance bin a couple of weeks ago.   It just adds the right finishing touch to the card.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card - love it - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - the background you've created is really effective.

    Thanks for joining CHNC.

    Helen x
    (GDT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Love the shape of the image too. Also like the DP you used.

    ReplyDelete