Tuesday 23 April 2013

Funshiney Day

I have tried a different folding technique for this fancy folds card.
 And this is the card folded:


The card is for the following challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs - Dare To Be Sassy Thursday
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-173.html
Kaboodle Doodles - Spring
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-168-spring.html

I saw a card somewhere when I was browsing the internet but it didn't have a template for it.  Not to be thwarted I played around with measurements until I got something vaguely resembling what I saw. 

I have used some paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for the background for this card.   The image is Polka Dot Bikini from Sassy Studio Designs which I decided to fussy cut for this card.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC and I have adorned it with some ribbon roses which I coloured up with copic marker Y02.

Okay, the image may be a bit of a push for spring!  Certainly here, bikinis and spring don't mix.  But...the paper is a spring themed one and there are some flowers there.  Hope it is spring enough for the Kaboodles Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! I tried this fold a while back and had a hard time getting it even. Yours looks perfect :)
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the folding technique! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A smashing card I love the shape and the colour, thanks for entering the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job at the folding technique and would you believe right from the start I had a sneaking suspicion this paper might actually be mine! It looks wonderful paired up with that image. Love those beautiful flowers too. I'm off to add it to the gallery as soon as I get through a couple more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete