Tuesday 9 April 2013

Hugzz

I had alot of fun with this card - great image and great sketch.


The card is for the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 200
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/sweet-sketch-wednesday-200-and-doodle.html
Outlawz Challenge - CFC
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/cfc/forum/topics/creative-freebie-challenge-april-7-21
Glitter n Sparkle - Buttons
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-27.html

The card uses two DP from my stash - had them for ages too!  I coloured some silver peel off border stickers using a red copic marker to highlight the diagonal line.  The image is from Anne Fenton and is one of the freebies associated with the Outlawz Challenge above.  I coloured the image using copic markers.  I then found three buttons that co-ordinated with the balloons to add to the card as embellishments.

The sketch that I followed for this card is this one:

I liked the layout of the sketch so pretty much followed as it is just reversing the diagonals - I didn't want the buttons to get lost in the spots!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Suze yes I love your card, what a great image and this sketch is wonderful, easy to make and shows off all those wonderful design papers. Love your papers and those cute button embellishments make the perfect masculine card. Great card and thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card too. Your image is so cute and I love your chooice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you kept your buttons from getting lost in the spots, LOL , beautiful card and just love this sketch.. love the bear with the balloons!! Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I am sending positive thoughts your way and hoping you will beat the annoying cough real soon... I sooooooooo hear what you are going through..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out this winner's post here:
    http://justsomelinesblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/easter-winners.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and image. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, fun papers. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, how darling! Such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable - terrific birthday card with the happy colors used. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice,thank you for joining us at Glitter n sparkle challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete