Monday 29 April 2013

Owl Card

Everywhere I look at the moment, I see owls so I was sure to be inspired to use an owl image!


This card is for the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/sweet-sketch-wednesday-sketch-203-44.html

For the background, I have used a paper from a paper pad by MME called Cowboy.  The matting is brown cardstock from Rosies Studio.  I'm away from home and can't be 100 per cent sure on the source of this image, but I think it may be from A Creative Need. 

The embellishments are gold glitter domes.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Suze this is an amazing image of an Owl, love your colours and papers they look as though they are textured but I think it's the pattern on them. This is a great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Owl image and great looking masculine card. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very soft and pretty. Thanks so much for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. Trying to cut a diamond without a die cut is a little challenging. I did it once that way too. I love your owl image and your papers are perfect with this image. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. great take on the sketch...love that owl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS card Suze! Love owl cards.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Suze and good use of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at SSW this week. Holly x

    ReplyDelete