Thursday 18 April 2013

Merry Christmas in Orange and Blue

A card with a different colour scheme for Christmas - don't think I've ever used this combination before but it seems to work okay.

This card is for the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Red and Green should not be seen
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/winter-wonderland-red-and-green-must.html
CHNC - Anything Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/chnc-challenge-extra-for-april.html
Seems a Little Sketchy - Sketch #37
http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/sketch-37-whimsy-stamps.html

I have use some orange scrap paper to create the backdrop for this card.  I then added strips of various blue papers - The second from the left is one from Bearly Mine Designs, the second from the right is from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles, the two on the ends are from MME and I'm not sure on the centre one as I've had it for a while!  The blue grosgrain ribbon is from American Crafts - I love this particular shade of blue and it matches copic marker B05 really well!   The image is from Bugaboo and has been coloured using copic markers - forgot to write them down but I know the blues are B05 and either B00 or B000.  The tree trunk is E35 and I think the orange colour may actually be Y35 or Y38 but I'm guessing.  I added some dots of Glossy Accents to the image on the snowflakes and a couple of other places.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card and not a drop of red or green to be seen, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo of the blue and orange - fab card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for April again with this lovely card – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete