Saturday 13 April 2013

With Sympathy

This is one of those cards we all wish we didn't have to use.  Unfortunately, this one needs to be used now.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Robyn's Fetish - Anything Goes
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-154-anything-goes-472013.html

This card has been a very difficult one to make.  A family I know has just lost their mother/wife.  The youngest child is 11.  Her Mum had been unwell for a couple of years but deteriorated a couple of months ago and lost her battle with lung cancer two days ago.  I wanted a special card for them but these are always the hardest to do.

I have used some metallic paper in a soft lavender colour for the matting and then taken the colour from that for the image.  I have kept the colouring to a minimum within the swirls and also the border.  I have added some soft lavender pearls to the card - I didn't want anything sparkly and fortunately managed to find these pearls.  I was aiming for a simple elegance with this card and I think I have achieved that.







3 comments:

  1. A beautiful sympathy card, I find these very hard to make. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hardest to make these when you actually need them but you did a fabulous job. Are the corner swirls stamps? They're gorgeous.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that another person has been lost to the world much too soon in life. My heart goes out to her children. Way too young to lose a parent. You've done a beautiful job and made a simply elegant card.

    ReplyDelete