Sunday 14 April 2013

Flower Bees

I tried out a new technique for this card.  It was much easier than I thought it would be so I'll probably do this again!


The card is for the following challenges:
Incy Wincy - Out of the Box
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/out-of-box.html
Pikes Playground - Anything Goes
http://dustinpike.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/just-enough-time.html
Broken Box Stock - Floral Images
http://brokenboxstock.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-24-florals.html

Thanks to the Incy Wincy Designs team providing a link to a tutorial on Out of the Box technique, I was brave enough to give this technique a go.  I found it alot simpler to do than I thought it would be - if anyone reading this hasn't had a play with this technique I would definitely recommend following the tutorial.

I have used some background papers from a paper pad by MME.  The image that I have used is a recent freebie from Doodle Dragon Studios which I have coloured up with my copic markers.   The sentiment is from Mudmaven Designs.  I have used a paper from MME for one layer of matting and the other layer is some green scrap paper.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. I just read the tutorial for the techinique... I may have to try that sometime very soon based on how gorgeous your card turned out. Thanks so much for joining us at "Pike's Playground" for the anything goes challenge.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job using the technique!! I loved it as well! Your card is very nice and so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs!
    Jackie DT
    I have blog candy, if you're interested! :)
    Schoolinandscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card. Thanks so much for joining us at "Pike's Playground" for the anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the out of the box technique, you did a wonderful job. Thank you for playing along this week at “Pike’s Playground”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Doodle Dragon Studio DT

    ReplyDelete