Monday 29 March 2021

Bonza Fair Dinkum

I wanted to make this as Australian as I could to fit the challenge at Carlin's Map Paradise.


I would like to enter:

Beccy's Place - March Challenge
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2021/03/march-challenge.html

Carlin's Map Paradise - Country plus something from that country (wombat, Aussie words)
https://carlinskaartenparadijs.blogspot.com/2021/03/challenge-32-maart.html

I found an outline of mainland Australia on the internet from WorldmapBlank.com.  I cut the map on the fold to create the card blank.  I then cut out the whole map once and put it over the card blank so that the map was complete.  I sprinkled yellow and green Brusho powders over and then spritzed with water.   The image and sentiments are from Beccy's Place.  I fussy cut the sentiments as they were part of a Christmas sentiment and I just wanted part of each sentiment.  Colouring of the wombat is with copic markers.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great card Suze, love the shape you have chosen and of course the wombat is typical for Australia 😊
    Thanks for joining the challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great card for our challenge.
    I love it so much.
    Thank you for joining us at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Good Luck !
    Carla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the most Aussie card I've ever seen Suze, it's awesome!! What a great idea to use the map as a card base. I also like the green and gold colour scheme, which reminds me of our sporting colours but also of the wattles when they're in bloom. Love the scattering of words around the little wombat too. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete