Wednesday 3 March 2021

Special Friendships are rare and need to be treated with care

 It is time for the reveal at Card Chain Challenge.   In February I sent this card to Tina in Slovenia:


These were the prompts that I followed:




I used ribbon and an embossing folder to create the background.  The circles are die-cut with a stitched circle die from Memory Box and then inked with Distress Ink while still in the die.  I added some puffy heart stickers to the circles.  The sentiment is from Digital Doodling.

As per last month, I am still waiting for the card from Jutta in BC Canada to finish it's world tour and make it to my place.  We seem to be very hit and miss with our mail at the moment.  One thing that was sent from UK got to me in 10 days and another that was sent to me from Greece took nearly 8 months to reach me.  Neither 2021 Card Chain Challenge card has reached me yet.   I'd given up on the one from Greece that arrived a couple of weeks ago so they do get here in the end!


9 comments:

  1. 8 months! That must be a record. It is always a shame when things take so long but also it is a lovely surprise when you had given up on something. Yours is a great interpretation of the sketch, love that red paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Suze! What a great take on the challenge colors! It's a darling card. I think COVID has really interfered with international mail. Sometimes, things come quickly, other times, it takes months! I suppose mail gets low priority in certain things these days. Thanks for sharing your fun project! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most gorgeous work of art....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postal system is crazy these days and it's not just international. Your card is cute. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Suze. yes, the mail can be very frustrating at the moment!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design on your red strips and beautiful shiny red hearts on this Suze - I haven't yet received my card from Kenya from December - but did receive the next two from the Netherlands and Minnesota - mail delivery is quite unpredictable this year. Hopefully yours will arrive soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful designed card love the sparkly hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be close to some sort of record with the 8 months! Love your take on the CCC themes, the puffy hearts make great additions to this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh - sorry you're having such mail problems, Suze!! Just love your take on the sketch with the ribbon and the heart trio!!

    ReplyDelete