Monday 8 February 2021

A Friend

This is a new technique for me.  I'm not sure whether I'm completely happy with the end result.  It is a good way to use up some smaller pieces of patterned paper and cardstock and we all have heaps of those!


I would like to enter:

Butterfly Challenge - H is for 
https://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com/2021/01/151-spin-butterfly-wheel-with-h-for.html

I used some orange cardstock offcuts along with a couple of offcuts of patterned paper (I think this one is from Kaisercraft).   I had difficulty interpreting the colours this month but have all three as they were described (the sand is possibly lighter than Hansa Yellow should really be).  I also added some Hemp (which I didn't even know I had) and a butterfly sticker that has a couple of the colours on it.  The sentiment is from my Awaiting Crafting box and didn't have the source written on the back of it.  It is a bit annoying that I don't know the source as I would like to use this sentiment again in the future.

I followed one of the tutorials at Butterfly Challenge.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Suze. You've done a great job on the herringbone pattern. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try nd right down on the back of things where they came from but every so often I miss one and and you say it is so annoying not to a. have remembered the source and b made a note of it. I rather like this striking pattern you have made here. Thankyou for coming and plying in the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm very impressed with how you handed that version of herringbone, Suze. Love the color combo and love it even more considering that you did it all from scraps! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice background! Loving the different angles and using up scraps is always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super project , love the colours, paper and Mrs A's challenge which I can't enter this time, no room on my scheduled list. Thanks for always visiting...Have a lovely week. .xx
    Robot is around me again.. ggggr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Suze! I suppose this technique has a lot of possibilities.
    You open a gate to a fabulous way.
    I like the colors you used! And as an opinion from outside, when it is a quote, this acts like a focal point. Everything around is somehow blurred.
    You are very inspired, Suze! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete