Wednesday 18 July 2012

A birthday card

I nearly missed the challenge at Meljens this week:
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/challenge-118-happy-birthday.html

and it is a Happy Birthday one too! 


I have just spent three days at a Papercraft expo doing some classes and learning new techniques - and of course buying some new goodies!  However, I might have over-done the number of classes and am now extremely tired.  Tired does not get the creative juices flowing that well.

However, while playing with a new technique, this card started to fall into place.  The die-cut is a new purchase too so it was fun to have a play with that.

I have used some background paper that I had in my stash.  The image is one from Meljens called Bunny Love.  The sentiment is from Digi Doodles.  The die-cut is from Spellbinders and is called Blossom Two.  I have inked around the edge using Tim Holtz Foam pads and Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  I have also used this technique on the sentiment.  The image has been coloured with copic markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment