Monday 30 July 2012

Handmade Embellishment

I have made a card for two challenges:
Milk Coffee -  More than one circle
http://milkcoffeechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/round-and-round-we-gocircles-challenge.html
Papertake Weekly - Make your own
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/make-your-own.html

This is my card for both challenges:

The background paper that I used for this card was from Daizy Mae.  I added some satin ribbon and lace to give it a bit of a girlie feel.  The image that I have used is from Milk Coffee  and has been coloured with my copics.  The sentiment is from Netty's Cards.  I cut the matts for both of them from a paper from my stash.  The die-cuts used are from Spellbinders.

I die-cut a flower using my Spellbinders Carnations Creations die that I bought recently at a papercraft expo.  This was the first time that I had used it and I'm really pleased with how it came together.  I used another paper from my stash and inked some of the edges of the die-cuts with Distress Ink - Spun Sugar.  Instead of using a brad to secure the layers together, I glued around the centre opening and then added a pink rhinestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment