Thursday 19 July 2012

Sentiment Card

The challenge at Winter Wonderland this week was to create a card with the sentiment as the focal point:
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/sentiment-as-focal-point.html

I found I had a few suitable sentiments to choose from, but this is the one that I eventually decided upon:

For this card I used some background paper from my stash.  I overlay this with some red grosgrain ribbon and some red and white lace.

The sentiment is one from Cre8tive Hands.  I have coloured the holly with copics and put a dab of Glossy Accents on the berry.  I have cut out the sentiment using a Nellies Multi Frame die and then matted this with green and then red cardstock.

I have added three red rhinestones to finish off the card.

Simple - yet effective.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful card - love the lace and the crystals
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment is too cute - love the background paper, too!

    ReplyDelete