Thursday 26 July 2012

A country themed card

The challenge at Sassy Studio Designs was to create a card highlighting your favourite country:
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/its-small-world-after-all-release-blog.html

It wasn't clear whether or not it had to be one of the countries featured in the Blog Hop so I hope that my card counts:



I have used Sassy Studio Designs - Little Honey Fourth of July image but changed her flag to the New Zealand flag.  I have also picked up on these colours when colouring the remainder of the image.  The card is on black cardstock and the matting also in black.  Our national rugby team is called The All Blacks and traditionally our runners used to compete in black shirts (they don't any more as it was too hot in some countries!). Our national football team is called The All Whites so I included white as well.   The background paper I made myself using white cardstock coloured lightly with Distress Ink - Black Soot.  I then stamped in Black Soot some jandals over the top - Jandals are one of our Kiwiana items.

I think that this card represents my country well and hope that it fits with the challenge okay.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how clever, Suze! I love how you altered 4th of July Honey for your own county! It is absolutely perfect for the challenge! Great background for her too! Thanks for playing along at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to change up the flag! Lovely background, the black really draws the eye to Honey!
    Ruza
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete