Thursday 19 July 2012

A recycled card

The current challenge at Broken Box Stock was to use something recycled
http://brokenboxstock.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/challenge-5-recycled-materials.html

I thought this one would be really easy as I am such a hoarder that I have heaps of "recycled materials".  I'm the one who saves the ribbons off packaging, bubble wrap around parcels, wrapping paper, etc.  However, I struggled to decide what to use and the deadline for the challenge was looming!

In the end, I decided to work with the ring pull from a soft drink can:



So, I have used some background paper from my stash, an image from Broken Box Stock that has been die-cut using a Spellbinders oval die.  I coloured the image with copics and the die-cut with Rnagers Distress Ink (scattered straw).   I added some Glossy Accents to the centre of the flower and sun.

The ringpull has been coloured using Opals UTEE and then has some grosgrain ribbon threaded through it.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering our challenge :) - Wendy, Broken Box Stock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze
    Great card

    You won a Bugaboo over on my blog can you send me your email, congrats to you.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete