Monday 2 July 2012

Final card for the Sassy in the City Relay

I have had an absolute blast doing this relay:
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/sassy-in-city-relay-carrie-sassy.html

Carrie is the final image in this relay and the theme for her was New York or Paris.  I chose the Paris option:


I found I had alot of French labels from The Graphics Fairy and chose to use those to collage a background.  I then placed an Eiffel Tower image over the top (also from The Graphics Fairy).  It is the first time I had attempted a collage background and I think it works quite well with this theme.

I coloured the Sassy Studio Designs image - Carrie using my copic markers.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I matted both the image and the sentiment using black cardstock.

Well, that is the relay completed.  I have really enjoyed the challenge of thinking quickly and working quickly.  I so often think about how I am going to create a card for days on end.  I have proved to myself that I can do it quickly when required!  I have also managed to work on the FFF and DTBST cards over the past couple of days so feel I have really achieved alot - mind you I had to wait until the library was open to get to my e-mails and get the Carrie image so had time to work on the other two then.  I was grateful for the extra time given for this final card as the library opening hours are limited on a Sunday.  Now that it is back to the working week I can get more internet stuff done!  Hopefully, I should have our internet issues sorted soon.





7 comments:

  1. Sue, this is so pretty! Love your background and the color you used for her dress.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, your collage background is outstanding! Love how you layer the Eiffel Tower over it! Thanks for completing our Sassy in the City relay and good luck! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan
    SSD Design Team and PCP Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the eiffel tower image

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card........Love the background........ Thanks for completing our Sassy in the City relay and good luck!!!!

    SOMA
    SSD ( DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the background you created. Thank you for playing along with the 4th and final round in SSD's Sassy in the City Relay! Good luck!!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the background ... super cool ... and your coloring of Carrie is great!
    Thank you for joining us in the Sassy in the City Relay!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the simplicity and the background!!

    Christy
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete