Friday 13 July 2012

A blue and green card for summer

This is a nice summery card that I designed for two different challenges!

I found a new challenge which appealed to me:
http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/speedy-fox-and-friends-challenge-115.html

Plus another challenge that I regularly do:
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/craft-challenge-163-summer.html

I liked the idea of limiting the card to two colours but also giving it a summery feel so that it fitted both challenges:

I have to admit I did need to sneak a couple of other colours in for skin and hair (although I did run the G000 through her hair which gave it a bit of a greenish tinge!  I know that swimming in chlorinated water can give hair a greenish tinge so thought it wouldn't be totally weird!

She has a lovely mint flavoured ice-cream. Yum!

I used:

Sassy Studio Designs - Ice-cream
Trimgym backing paper - Just stripey
Green cardstock
Spellbinders oval dies
The Alley Way Stamps - Happy Birthday sentiment
Green glitter ribbon - American Crafts
Copic markers - mainly greens and blues
Kindy Glitz - alongside ribbon
Blue rhinestone

2 comments:

  1. What a great card with these colors. Ice cream looks yummy. Glad that you found our challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Speedy Fox and Friends. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week, hope to see you again next time.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete