Thursday 28 November 2019

You're One Cool Dude

This was by far the most time consuming card of the alphabet.  Considering I spent a fair bit of the month trying to come up with how to get a "Y Fold" card to work!  And then Beccy comes up with Yo-Yo Spinner card right at the last minute - which might have saved me some time.  I was too far down the track with trying to figure this out though to give up.  Here is what I came up with:

Firstly, the closed card:

 
 and with the card opened, it turns into a Y shape:



I would like to enter:
Beccy's Place - Month Of Holiday Cards - Y is for
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2019/11/day-28-y.html
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes
http://abitmoretimetocraft.blogspot.com/2019/11/a-bit-more-time-to-craft-challenge-104.html
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration (bauble)
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/11/pinspirational-challenge-252-favs-of.html

My "Y" items are:
Yodelling Koala - image from Beccy's Place can be found here
You're one Cool Dude - sentiment from Beccy's Place (Eskimo Kisses)
Y-Fold Card (made that one up myself)
Yellow (copic colour)
Yellow Fluorite (copic colour)
Yellow Green (copic colour)
Yellowish Green (copic colour)
Yellowish Skin Pink (copic colour)
Yellowish Beige (copic colour)
Yellowish Shade (copic colour)
Yellow Ochre (copic colour)

I also added the following from Beccy's Place:
Have A Bonza Christmas - sentiment can be found here
Festive Baubles - image can be found here.
Christmas Music Makes Me Happy - sentiment can be found here

The paper is a digital paper from Lozzy.  Colouring is with copic markers listed above along with some Kindy Glitz.  I also added a "stand" to the back of the card to help it stand up better when open.







4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry Suze... although I have to admit that I did chuckle as I was reading your post... and I'm sorry for that too. I forgot all about the Yo-Yo Spinner card. It was actually on the "Y" list from last year. I haven't made one so don't even know what they're like. Even though I'm still chuckling just a little bit, I am sorry.
    Your Y-shaped card is fabulous! I think this is a clever and creative way to meet the brief. I love it! I like the images you added as well as the different sentiments. I think whoever receives it will be impressed.
    And I will undertake to have a Yo-Yo Card tutorial ready before next November - just for you Suze!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and love it when you open it up it's a Y...great thinking and thanks for sharing it....well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific card! You really met the challenge with this one and your yodeling koala is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete