Monday 25 November 2019

Venetian Vase

For the letter V, I went with my trusty "vase" that I think I have used ever since Beccy put the alphabet element in the Month Of Holiday Cards.  I had made one of these cards in the past and had difficulty with it - following Beccy's tutorial was much easier.  I am so glad I had another go at this card fold.



I would like to enter:
Beccy's Place - Month Of Holiday Cards -  V is for
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2019/11/day-25-v.html

My "V" items are:
Venetian Blind Card - tutorial from Beccy's Place can be found here
Vase - image from Beccy's Place can be found here
Vermillion (copic colour)
Violet (copic colour)
Verdigris (copic colour)

I have used a paper from a christmas paper pad to create the blind.  I particularly like the effect of the stripes on this paper.  The awning piece is a scrap from another card.  I had this cord in my ribbon box and it was perfect for this as it doesn't fray.  Colouring is with copic markers.

2 comments:

  1. I love the stripes too Suze, they make a fabulous blind! Good on you for trying the technique again, sometimes it takes a practice or two for it to click. Love the "view" through your window. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think your tutorial was much easier to follow than the one I used previously. I kind of got the last attempt to work but it was much easier to do following your tutorial.

      Delete