Monday 25 November 2019

Cardinal Gift Card

I had another attempt at the colouring digital images tutorial which can be found here.  This time, I added some red to the cardinal wings and to some of the berries to give them more depth. 


I would like to enter:
Beccy's Place - Month Of Holiday Cards - Use Scraps
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2019/11/day-21-use-scraps.html

Rather than lay the strips of patterned paper on a diagonal across my gift card, I did more of a patchwork effect this time.  My scraps for this card weren't long enough to go on the diagonal and alot were better suited to a more patchwork effect.

The image is a pre-coloured image from Beccy's Place which can be found here.  I've also printed out another pre-coloured image from the same set so that may also make it on to a gift card before the end of November (if I don't run out of time)

I inked around the image with Distress Ink and also added a chipboard pennant from an embellishment set.

4 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog and I'm glad I discovered it, at Beccy's challenge! I like the arrangement from your card: a pleasant red, full of joy!
    All the best, Suze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Suze! This cutie is on my wishlist so I guess I had better do some shopping! Love your patchwork background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suze. I appreciate your visit(s) to my blog! I also admire you taking this challenge of Beccy's. I've only used one pre-colored image so far, last Christmas. It printed out gorgeously, better than I could have colored it and you couldn't have paid me to add to it, haha. About the closest I come to doing that is when I color an image with ProMarkers and then shade with colored pencil. I suppose it's the same thing, isn't it? And yet... Thanks for stopping by and that's a very pretty red card! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background looks fabulous Suze, I really like the patchwork effect. I love the pennant embellishment you added too, I've been using a lot of those myself lately. You did a fabulous job adding more depth and vibrancy to the image, it looks awesome! Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete