Thursday 12 November 2020

Christmas Bring It On

Sometimes nothing seems to go right and everything is sent to try us.  This card had many of those moments.  Firstly, the envelope punch board kept jamming every time I used the punch on it.  When I went to photograph it, the front of the card wouldn't sit properly.  And then the sentiment kept going out of focus as soon as I started to take the photograph.  After about 6 or 7 attempts, I finally got an okay photo.

It didn't help that there was no tutorial to follow and I was trying to wing it.  But I think I got there in the end - not totally happy with it but couldn't start again due to the issues with the punch board.  I'm uploading it before I see anything else about it that I'm not happy with!


And the inside with sentiment tag:


I would like to enter:

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards - Try Something New
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2020/11/day-12-try-something-new.html

I have used the leftover paper from the card that I made for the letter B.  The image is a pre-coloured image from Beccy's Place.  The sentiment is also from Beccy's Place.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Suze, I'm so sorry... I have to confess that I had a little chuckle while I was reading through your post. But only because I can totally relate to what you're feeling. There have been plenty of times when a project has gone wrong from start to finish!
    If it's any consolation, your envelope card looks fabulous. I love the dark card stock you chose for the base, it's a lovely contrast to the image. I also like the idea of threading the sentiment through an eyelet... that's very cool. Good on you for persevering!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic paper choice for the envelope, Suze, no matter how many trials you had to endure. :-D Sweet little sentiment tag, too. Love the silver jingle bell.

    ReplyDelete