Monday 30 November 2020

With Love At Christmas

This image/sentiment is a particular favourite of mine.  When I discovered I had one printed out but not used, I saved it for this last day of the month.  I was hoping that the last day would be a Do What You Love.  While the style of the card is fairly basic, I have matted with gold and used a more elegant paper.

This card is created with left over pieces of patterned paper - but probably doesn't look like it.  


I would like to enter;

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards - Do What You Love
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2020/11/day-30-do-what-you-love.html


I have used three offcut pieces of a double-sided patterned paper.  I placed one near the bottom of the card and the other near the top of the card.  I then turned over a narrower piece of the paper and used the reverse as a contrast piece across the card.  Because my image/sentiment goes almost across the patterned paper it may be hard to pick up the contrast piece.  The image/sentiment piece is from Beccy's Place.  Colouring is with copic markers and Wink of Stella.  Matting is gold foil cardstock.  I added some gold stars to continue the gold.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous Suze! I love the addition of the gold mirror card, it coordinates beautifully with the traditional patterned paper you've chosen. Wonderful mix of colours and patterns, it's so elegant.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, so chique with the gold paper and beautiful DP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card screams elegance. I've always loved that sentiment strip too. Gorgeous paper.

    ReplyDelete